Cilantro Essential Oil - 15mL
Cilantro Coriandrum sativum
- Clear and invigorating aroma.
- Gives food a fresh and tasty flavour.
- Soothing aroma.
- Fresh, herbal, sweet, pungent
- Steam distillation of leaf
- Linalool, 2-decenal
Keep out of reach of children. Possible skin sensitivity. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
- After over-indulging at dinner, take a few drops in water or a veggie capsule to assist digestion.*
- Diffuse with your choice of citrus oils for a unique and refreshing aroma that also purifies the air.
- Place a couple drops in a veggie cap to experience cleansing and detoxifying effects, as well as supporting a healthy immune and digestive system.*
- Include Cilantro in salads, dips, and other dishes for its distinct and delicious taste. Find recipes that use Cilantro essential oil on the doTERRA blog.
What is Cilantro Essential Oil Used For?
Cilantro is a fresh and pungent herb that is commonly used in cooking all around the world for its distinct taste and smell. In addition to its culinary uses, Cilantro essential oil offers many health benefits when taken internally. Cilantro is detoxifying, which is why it is included in the Zendocrine® detoxification blend.* it is also included in the Purify blend for its highly cleansing properties.
When diffused, Cilantro works particularly well for clearing the air of environmental threats and eliminating unpleasant smells, leaving behind a light, herbal scent. Taken internally, Cilantro essential oil supports a healthy immune system.*
Cilantro essential oil supports the liver and kidney in their detoxification processes and systems.* This important benefit of Cilantro is an important contribution to the Zendocrine essential oil blend, which supports the body’s natural ability to rid itself of unwanted substances.* Cilantro is one of five oils included in this detoxifying blend, helping to cleanse the body of toxins.*
What Are the Health Benefits of Cilantro?
Taken internally, Cilantro supports digestion and gastrointestinal health and function.* You can access all of Cilantro essential oil’s internal benefits by taking a 1–2 drops in a veggie capsule; adding it to your water, tea, or another healthy drink; or by including it in your recipes and cooking.
Experimental research suggests that Cilantro essential oil also has positive effects on mood—particularly in promoting a restful night’s sleep and encouraging feelings of calmness and relaxation.
Are Coriander and Cilantro the Same Thing?
Cilantro essential oil and Coriander essential oil come from the same plant. Cilantro (considered an herb) essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves, while Coriander (considered a spice) essential oil comes from the seed.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.