Cardamom Essential Oil - 5mL
Cardamom Elettaria cardamomum
- With its warm, spicy aroma, Cardamom seed oil has been traditionally used in aromatherapy to relieve digestive discomfort.
- Spicy, fruity, warm, balsamic
- Steam distillation of Seeds
- Terpinyl acetate, 1, 8-cineole
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. ADULTS ONLY. Possible skin sensitivity. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your doctor/healthcare professional.
- Add Cardamom to your cooking and baking for delicious twist on taste and a boost to the wellness of the digestive and respiratory systems.*
- Diffuse or breathe in from your hands for a sense of openness and refreshed feelings this will also promote the feeling of clear airways and easy breathing.
- Take a drop or two internally after over-indulging at dinner.*
- For a cooling sensation to the skin, apply topically.
- Diffuse in the mornings or on cold days for a warm aroma that is both spicy and sweet.
What Is Cardamom?
Cardamom, a relative to Ginger, is known as the “Queen of Spices.” It is used in cooking around the world. From the East, to the Middle East, to Scandanavia, cardamom is used in a variety of dishes. In addition to its popular flavor, Cardamom essential oil provides a variety of benefits to health and wellness, especially digestive health.*
What Are the Health Benefits of Cardamom?
Taken internally, Cardamom improves healthy gastrointestinal function.* It can alleviate occasional feelings of stomach discomfort, and may help ease indigestion.* Adding Cardamom to bread, smoothies, meats, salads, teas, and more will not only enhance food flavor, but aid digestion and maintain overall gastrointestinal health.*
Due to its high 1,8-cineole content, Cardamom also promotes clear breathing and respiratory health.* Try taking a drop of Cardamom internally to promote easy breathing.* In addition to its respiratory benefits,* diffusing Cardamom has calming aromatic effects. Cardamom’s distinct scent carries warm balsamic tones with a spicy sweetness. It soothes the nervous system* and promotes a positive mood.
The soothing quality of Cardamom applies not just to emotions, but to the skin as well. Cardamom leaves a cool, refreshed sensation when administered topically. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to avoid skin irritation or sensitivity.
Where Does Cardamom Come From?
doTERRA Cardamom essential oil is sourced in Guatemala through Co-Impact Sourcing®. The seed of the plant is steam distilled, producing this versatile, treasured essential oil.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.