Black Spruce Essential Oil - 5mL
Black Spruce Essential Oil - Picea mariana
A powerful essential oil from the pine family, this woody, refreshing fir oil is grounding, cleansing, and soothing. Black Spruce is slightly sweeter in scent than some of the other fir oils; its harmonizing aroma is perfect for your next diffuser blend or evening massage.
- May provide soothing benefits to the skin.
- Relaxing and calming aroma.
- Refreshing and clear aroma.
- Balsamic, green, fruity, woody
- Steam Distillation of Branch/Leaf
- Bornyl acetate, a-pinene, camphene, δ-3-carene
- Diffuse Black Spruce with a couple drops of Wild Orange for a delicious smelling, relaxing, and invigorating environment.
- For a soothing bath, add Epsom salts and a few drops of Black Spruce to the warm water.
- Diffuse in the morning or during mediation to create a calming, balanced atmosphere.
- Open the Black Spruce oil bottle and breathe deeply when you’re feeling stressed.
- Apply to the skin for a cleansing, soothing experience.
Keep our of reach of children. Not to be taken. Possible skin sensitivity. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
What Is Black Spruce Essential Oil Used For?
Black Spruce has been used by Native Americans historically as part of their spiritual healing and cleansing practices. Black Spruce is often used on the skin to soothe minor irritations and provide a refreshing sensation.
Bornyl acetate, the main chemical constituent in Black Spruce oil, promotes calmness and relaxation. Black Spruce’s invigorating, rejuvenating aroma is used in aromatherapy to help maintain feelings of clear airways and easy breathing. Its aroma also creates an environment of harmony and balance. In fact, Black Spruce is one of the oils included in the doTERRA Balance® Grounding Blend.
How to Use Black Spruce Essential Oil
Using Black Spruce aromatically can help promote feelings of easy breathing; it also produces a calming, grounding environment. You can use Black Spruce aromatically by diffusing it or simply opening the bottle and taking a deep breath.
You can also access the aromatic benefits of Black Spruce oil through topical use because when you put Black Spruce on your skin, its beautiful, fresh, fir scent lingers! You may also consider adding Black Spruce to your next DIY essential oil perfume for a refreshing, woody twist in tone.
To soothe minor skin irritations, apply a drop or two of Black Spruce oil to the area. After a long, tiring day or strenuous exercise, add a few drops of Black Spruce to a warm bath or combine a couple drops with Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage your muscles and skin.
Where Does doTERRA Black Spruce Come From?
Sourced from Canada, Black Spruce essential oil comes from the needles and branches of the Picea mariana tree. Learn more about Black Spruce sourcing and how it illustrates our Co-impact Sourcing® principle of environmental stewardship through the link below.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.